Look what I found. It's bad, I know that, but is it bad enough to review? I read like 32 pages in and it seems to actually be on par with every other shitty sprite comic in the universe. I can't tell yet if it sucks spectacularly, and I don't know if being exceptionally mediocre is enough to deserve a review.
So far it looks to be a sequel to Darkwing Duck, that Disney cartoon from the 90's. The first page is pretty much a wall of text explaining that Darkwing died five years ago and that goose daughter of his is taking over. I don't know enough about that series to say a lot about how this plays with canon. What I do know is:
- Any sprite that isn't ripped from a Darkwing Duck NES game is a blatant Sonic recolor.
- The sprites are zoomed out to actual size, with a bunch of busy detailed video game background completely overwhelming anything relevant in a panel.
- The word balloons are arranged so that the highest balloon comes first, regardless of which side of the panel it's on.
- Nearly every scrap of dialogue is a one-liner.
- Sound effects are placed in *asterisks* in balloons with normal dialogue.
- It crosses Darkwing Duck with Mario, Sly Cooper, and if the front page is any indication, Phoenix Wright. No sign of Batman Beyond from what I've read.
I figure if someone decides to review this, it should be someone who knows more about Darkwing Duck than I do.